Make the Drop Program promotes safe use, safe storage, and safe disposal of unneeded prescription and over-the-counter medications.
WHY is it important?
• A growing concern is the abuse, by youth and others, of medications not prescribed to them. Safe disposal make medications less available.
• Evidence is increasing of the damage to the environment due to unsafe disposal of medications. Proper disposal helps protect our soil and water.
WHEN is the drop box location open?
The Make the Drop box is open Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
WHERE is the drop box located?
Law Enforcement Center located at 201 1st Street N.E., Austin, Minn.
WHAT do I do?
• Leave medication in the original container
• Remove your name or other identifying information
• LEAVE the name of the medication on the container
• Drop the medication in the disposal box opening
EQUIPPING communities to grow sustainable wellness solutions
EMPOWERING people to create a culture of wellness where they live, work, play and learn