Over 80 businesses and organizations are involved in Harvest 5K/Harvest Fest! I really enjoy the willingness and excitement of the businesses and organizations to participate. They all truly care about the Mower County area. I also enjoy seeing participants of all ages coming to this event.
I learn something new about our community each year working with Harvest Fest and reap a lot of personal benefits from volunteering for Harvest 5K/Harvest Fest. When I had my business, Belles &
Beaus Bridal and Formal Wear, I liked that the participants would come into my store, and they could see what we had to offer.
Since my retirement and closing of the store, I benefit by meeting and working with new people and making other connections within our community. I love the thought of hopefully being able to make someone else’s life better in our community, and am grateful to be able to work on this committee.
If you are interested in sharing your First Person views, please send your story idea or finished article (450 words or less) to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Harvest Fest: Many Thanks!
Thank you to those community members who worked hard to make Harvest Fest and Harvest 5K 2018 a success!
• Sue Adams, Health Access MN
• Janet Anderson, APAC Austin and Matchbox Children’s Theatre
• Amanda Barber, Hormel Historic Home
• Sandy Forstner, Austin Area Chamber of Commerce
• Karen Fuerstenberg, Mayo Clinic Health System
• Da’Nela Higgins, DH Consulting and Mower Refreshed
• Holly Johnson, Hormel Historic Home;
• Sara Lee, Mayo Clinic and Mower Refreshed
• Tedd Maxfield, YMCA
• Kelsey Ritchey, Austin Area Art
• Debarah Smith, Mower Refreshed
• Amy Surdy, Mayo Clinic Health System
• Tim Ruzek, Cedar River Watershed District
Thank you to Mayo Clinic Health System for donating the Harvest Fest Grand Prize gift certificate redeemable at Rydjor Bike or the Austin YMCA. Many thanks, also, to the businesses and organizations who donated more than $1,000 in door prizes.
Thank you to those who volunteered the day of the event, including:
• Austin High School National Honor Society
• Dennis Hagan and the Boy Scouts
• Grand Meadow Student Cord Volunteer Program
• Riverland Ag Students
• Winona Nursing Program Students
For more information and a full list of all who helped with Harvest Fest visit harvestfestaustin.com.
EQUIPPING communities to grow sustainable wellness solutions
EMPOWERING people to create a culture of wellness where they live, work, play and learn
Website by DH Consulting