Spending time in the kitchen and at the dinner table together is a great way to grow as a family and dedicate time together in the midst of busy schedules. You all need to eat anyway, might as well do it together!
Tips to make family meals easier:
• Start small. Start out planning just one day a week to sit down as a family to enjoy a meal together.
• Disconnect from devices. Take this family time to disconnect from the outside world and connect with
each other to build stronger relationships.
• Create meaningful conversation. Go around the table and have each person talk about the best part of their day and something he or she looks forward to.
• Plan meals ahead of time. Rather than scrambling to find a recipe last minute, plan ahead to ensure you have all the ingredients needed.
• Consider using a slow cooker to have your meal prepped for those nights when you’d rather be talking
Health Benefits of Family Dinners:
• More control over ingredients and portion sizes. If you have control over the food and the portion, you’re likely going to consume fewer calories and more nutritious foods.
• Social benefits. This includes reducing the chance children will engage in risky behaviors.
• Undistracted connection time with your family. You may be surprised at what you learn.
EQUIPPING communities to grow sustainable wellness solutions
EMPOWERING people to create a culture of wellness where they live, work, play and learn
Website by DH Consulting